10 installation tips for the Wendland roof system
The Wendland roof system is a high-performing conservatory roof system. It is compatible with both replacement roof projects and new-build conservatories. At TDK Trade Frames, we offer an in-house Wendland roof manufacturing service and supply these high-quality roof systems to installers across South West England.
We also offer glazing installers professional advice on how to install the Wendland conservatory roof. We fully understand that each installation project is different, however, here are 10 Wendland roof installation tips which apply to all Wendland roof installation projects.
Wendland roof system installation advice
- At the beginning of the installation, do not fix the frames in place. Instead, temporarily pin the frames to the house wall to allow the conservatory to float.
- Check all components before fitting.
- Ensure you have all the correct tools and fixings to complete the installation.
- Use the correct sealant when sealing the roof. For roofs with Conservaglass use an MS Polymer sealant. For standard sealed units use a low modulus neutral cure brand of silicone.
- Check that the dwarf wall or plinth is completely even on all sides prior to installation.
- Check that the glazing bars are fitted with anchor clips.
- Attach glazing bar end cap fixing blocks before any roofline is installed.
- Ensure that the frame is completely secure before commencing any glazing.
- When inserting the glazing between the rafters ensure that it is centralised.
- Complete the installation with any box gutters.
These installation tips are given as general advice, for more detailed technical information, contact TDK Frames directly on 01202 680 099 or send us a message online.
Unique features of the Wendland roof system
The Wendland roof system is an industry leader in conservatory roof technology. It offers end-users a wide range of features and benefits including:
- Bespoke design service to meet your exact specifications
- Roof pitches between 5 and 41 degrees
- Compatible with 24mm or 32mm glazing
- Choice of frame colours with any RAL available upon request
- Selection of upgrades available including internal pelmet and gutter cover
- Choice of traditional and contemporary crestings
Visit our Glass Conservatory Roofs page for more detailed information about the Wendland roof system.
trusted and reliable suppliers.