Is Secured by Design Worth It?
If you are familiar with the security features of windows and doors, you will have come across suppliers claiming Secured by Design accreditation. Home improvement products listed with this accreditation are the Police preferred specification.
Windows and doors using products and materials that meet Secure by Design Standards are up to 75% less likely to be burgled and show a reduction of 25% in criminal damage, but is it worth investing in the Secured by Design scheme?
How much does Secure by Design cost?
Secure by Design offers a membership for manufacturers and installers of windows and doors, and an SBD Development Officer discusses the cost of the membership upon application. We have done some digging and worked out that the cost of using Secured by Design standards in an average home is only around £170.
If you are a manufacturer or installer, you may be able to do the maths about how many homes you are likely to serve times the cost of £170. This is only a guide, but the Secure by Design application process is the only way to know precisely for accurate membership cost.
What are the benefits of Secure by Design?
Secure by Design offers many benefits giving your products and services credibility with homeowners with proven stats that show heightened home security.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from having a Secure by Design membership:
- Represents a powerful, trusted police brand which inspires potential customers and gives them confidence in your home improvement products
- An established Police Preferred Specification accreditation scheme which is awarded only to products that meet their security requirements
- Secure by Design is the only way for companies to obtain police accreditation for security-related products in the UK
- The police service navigates customers looking for home security products to the Secure by Design website, where a comprehensive list of companies that produce products meet SBD Police Preferred Specification
- Secure by Design has more than 800 member companies, with thousands of products that have already achieved Police Preferred Specification
- Member feedback has consistently shown that Secure by Design membership leads to more business opportunities and has a 99%-member retention rate
It is a personal preference if you feel the Secure by Design accreditation is worth it. Still, many companies invest in the opportunity as homeowners then have confidence in their products and services.
Secure by Design accredited windows and doors supplier in South West England
TDK Frames are professional trade suppliers of windows, doors, and commercial projects. We work with industry-leading products accredited by Secured by Design and supply areas such as Poole, Dorset, Wiltshire, and surrounding areas in the South West.
For more information, speak to a friendly and knowledgeable team member about our trade home improvement products on 01202 680099 or use our online form.
trusted and reliable suppliers.